Blazin’ Shrimp Cold Roll
Try this tasty East meets West appetizer. Our premium Pacific White Shrimp are lightly breaded and coated in a zesty buffalo sauce. Rolled in rice paper with crisp fresh lettuce and a spicy slaw of julienned bell pepper, shredded carrot, cucumber and celery, this app is blazin’ amazin’!
For that true buffalo wing experience, we recommend serving these wraps with a blue cheese dipping sauce on the side.
Recipe yields 6 wraps.
For the spicy mayo:
1 cup mayonnaise
4 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
For the slaw:
½ red pepper, julienned
½ green pepper, julienned
¼ cucumber, matchstick cut
½ celery stalk, sliced cross wise (1/4 moon)
½ cup carrot, shredded
For the wrap:
½ lb Blazin’ Buffalo Shrimp (product code 1003016)
6 sheets rice paper
¼ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cook shrimp according to package instructions and let cool.
- Mix the mayonnaise and hot sauce together until well combined. Pour into a squeeze bottle for service, setting aside 3 tablespoons for the slaw.
- In a bowl, combine red pepper, green pepper, cucumber, celery and carrot. Mix in reserved spicy mayo.
- Soak rice paper in warm water until softened. Remove from water and place on a flat, clean surface.
- For each cold roll, place a small handful of shredded lettuce in the centre of the rice paper. Place vegetable mixture on top of the lettuce, top with shrimp and roll tightly.
- Bias-cut the rolls in half and place on a plate. Serve with a ramekin of blue cheese dipping sauce.