Satisfy Millennials with Shareable Appetizers - Mini Fire Roasted Italian Cod Broilers
To appeal to the growing number of millennial diners, innovation on shareable appetizers is a constant focus. This recipe refreshes the classic “Cod au Gratin” for a new generation to share and enjoy.
Save time by using Fire Roasters™ Rustic Italian Style Cod Loins from frozen. Each portion is pre-glazed to deliver bold Italian flavour.
Chef Hack: For quick service, prepare these broilers in advance. A minute in the microwave and 30 seconds under the broiler, and they’re ready to go!
Cost Savings: At a food cost of about $1 per broiler, this is a highly profitable, shareable appetizer that is extremely easy to prepare.
Foodservice Tip: Upscale presentation allows for premium pricing.
2 x 4.7 oz pieces frozen Fire Roasters™ Rustic Italian Style Cod Loins (Product Code 8956)
750 ml prepared Culinary Cream, like Knorr
4 small potatoes, boiled and thinly sliced
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
¼ cup parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare Culinary Cream to a thick consistency (150 g to 3 cups water).
- Using a sharp cleaver or large chef’s knife, slice frozen cod loins into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- Assemble the broilers in six ovenproof mini baking dishes. Spoon one ounce of cream into each dish, then layer in potatoes until half full. Top with one ounce of cream and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Top each broiler with three or four slices of cod, one dollop of cream and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
- Bake in a 375°F convection oven for 10 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling, with perfectly cooked cod on top.
- Serve with flatbread warmed on the grill and sliced.
Serves 2 or 3 as an appetizer plate.