Smokey Applewood Salmon Flatbread Recipe
Flatbread pizzas are all the rage. They are versatile, easy to prepare and can take just about any topping, inviting your culinary creativity. Make seafood flatbreads part of your shareable menu to create memorable customer experiences.
To kick this recipe up a notch, glazed Fire Roasters™ Smokey Applewood Salmon Fillets add a unique punch of smokey flavour.
Chef Hack: Use a sharp cleaver to slice the frozen salmon.
Cost Savings: Flatbreads with salmon deserve a premium price. At a food cost of about $4 per flatbread, and menu pricing starting at $13, you can achieve a food cost of 30% or less.
2 x 4 - 5 oz frozen Fire Roasters™ Smokey Applewood Salmon Fillets (Product Code 8955)
2 x 9” flatbreads
1 cup prepared marinara sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup capers, deep fried for 30 seconds
2 cups fresh baby arugula
- Lay the flatbreads on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread ½ cup of marinara sauce on each flatbread.
- Using a cleaver, slice frozen salmon in half lengthwise and cut each half into thin slices. Distribute salmon slices evenly on the flatbreads.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella cheese over each flatbread.
- Top with cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in a 375°F convection oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Salmon will thaw and cook to perfection during this time.
- Garnish with arugula and fried capers. Slice and serve on a board or long platter.
Chef’s Tip: To make slicing salmon easier, simply microwave for 20 seconds.