Grilled Haddock BLT with Lotus Chips
A great new twist on a perennial favourite!
- Serves: 4
- Meal type: Brunch,Sandwiches
- Species: Haddock
- 4 x 120 g High Liner Foodservice Haddock Loins #1080283 or Portions #1080262#
- to taste seasoned salt or lemon pepper
- 5 mL olive oil
- 4-8 multigrain bread slices, plain or toasted
- 50 mL mayonnaise, garlic or chipotle
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices, plain or roasted
- 4 pancetta slices, cooked
- 8 avocado slices
- Lotus Chips
- 2 lotus roots, peeled
- 15 mL lemon juice
- oil for deep-frying
- to taste salt
- to taste red pepper flakes
- Season fillets with seasoned salt and brush with a little olive oil; grill or broil about 8 minutes or until cooked.
- Assemble sandwiches opened-face or closed with bread slices, grilled fish and toppings.
- Serve with lotus chips.
- Cut lotus roots into thin slices.
- Add lemon juice to small bowl of water and soak lotus slices for 5 minutes; drain well.
- Deep-fry until golden; season with salt and red pepper flakes.