Smokey Applewood Salmon with Bacon Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Fire Roasters™ Smokey Applewood Salmon perfectly complements the richness of mashed potatoes garnished with maple bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Serves: 4
- Meal type: Entrées
- Species: Salmon
- 4 portions High Liner Fire Roasters™ Smokey Applewood Salmon #8955
- 4 Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-1/2" (3.5 cm) cubes
- 4 slices maple bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 125 mL shredded Cheddar cheese
- 125 mL 10% half-and-half cream
- 60 mL butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook fish as directed on package.
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with cold water. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and mash.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, over medium heat sauté bacon and onions until bacon is fully cooked and onions are tender, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir into mashed potatoes along with the cheese, cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve fish atop mashed potatoes with steamed seasonal veggies.