To make a classic chicken or veal parmesan from scratch takes a lot of labour. First you have to pound the chicken/veal into a thin scalloppini and then hand-bread each portion. Thankfully, creating a seafood version of this classic dish is simple. Our Upper Crust™ Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Tuscan Herbs is already preportioned and coated with all the flavor and texture you need. To create a tilapia parmesan we simply top each portion with tomato sauce and cheese, melt and serve. Oven cook times for our Upper Crust™ Parmesan Tilapia are close to 15 minutes in the oven. This cook time can make it a bit unapproachable for some operators. To save time and increase the crispness, check out my ‘chef hack’.
- Serves: 4
- Meal type: Entrées,Pasta/Rice
- Species: Tilapia
Health & Wellness
- 6 pcs Upper Crust™ parmesan crusted Tilapia with Tuscan Herbs, #8413
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 4 ½ cups cooked linguini
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp basil chiffonade
- Deep fry Upper Crust™ Parmesan Crusted Tilapia at 350°F for 3 mins or until top crust is golden.
- Top each fillet with marinara sauce, cheese and place in the oven at 375°F for 5 mins or until done.
- In a large pan sauté onions and garlic with olive oil. Add refreshed linguini and remaining ingredients. Season with salt & pepper.
- Plate tilapia parmesan on a bed of linguini pasta.
Chef Hack | Simply deep fry from frozen for 3 mins to achieve a crispy top crust. Then top with marinara sauce and cheese and finish cooking in the oven for 5 mins.
Serve on a bed of pasta and you have a seafood twist on a classic dish. Best of all the average food cost per plate is approximately $3, making this dish highly profitable and easy to execute.